- Togetherness – We collaborate with over 200 organisations in support of our mission. We lead the youth work sector together with the sector through our Education, Training and Standards Committee and National Advisory Board.
- Bold – We’re ambitious for young people and the youth sector and happy to take calculated risks, try new things and learn from our failures maturely.
- Integrity – We take being the national body for an entire profession seriously and so strive for our work and practice to be of the highest standard.
- Make a Positive Difference – We only exist to improve the lives of young people; through our own work with them directly or supporting the 10,000 youth workers in England.
The infographic below enables you to select each part of our strategy and see the current priorities. Please get in touch with us if you’d like to help or know more about our priorities.
The National Youth Agency is a charity. We receive no central or local government funding so please consider supporting our work through giving your time or a generous donation.
Click on an objective to see our priorities
Developing a skilled and effective youth sector workforce
- Set the standards for practice and qualifications
- Attracting, retaining and training youth workers
- Shared best practice for the sector
- Youth work continual professional development
Influencing practice through policy and research
- Steering national policy
- Systems leadership of youth work
- Research into youth work and YP
- Championing youth work
- Lobbying for change
- Thought Leadership
Creating opportunities for young people
- Measuring impact and progression
- Celebrating youth work and young people
- Innovative practice
- Asset / Strengths based approaches
- Impacting the changing needs of young people
Delivering a sustainable National Youth Agency
- Strong brand identity
- Sustainable revenue
- Partnerships and collaboration
- Efficient operations
- High quality, impactful service delivery