NYA is delighted to have been awarded The National Lottery Community Fund’s COVID-19 emergency funding for the Routes to Success project. The project will support the delivery of activities designed to support communities through the COVID-19 crisis. Young people have been severely impacted by the pandemic and lockdown and Youth Workers are faced with supporting them to navigate a range of challenges.
Phase one of the Routes to Success project is focused on two specific areas:
- Developing Sector Practice
- Organisational Development Programme
Find out more about these two areas and see how you can get involved in this fantastic project.
Developing Sector Practice
Over the next six months we will be delivering a variety of free webinars to help youth workers and those working with young people to develop their skills, practice and knowledge. The webinars cover a variety of topics, including youth violence, rural youth work, anti-racism and trauma informed practice.
Each webinar is 1-hour 30 minutes in length, with leading experts providing information and tools you can take away and implement with the young people you work with.
Simply sign up using the form below and receive your login details to access the webinars. If you are unable to watch the live webinars, make sure you sign up so you can watch them on demand.
Organisational Development Programme
We are delighted to be offering 20 small-to-medium sized organisations the opportunity to work with our youth work specialists to deliver the best possible services for young people. Working with each organisation’s leadership team, we will provide support to move through their development plan, examine specific challenges and co-design bespoke solutions to meet the needs of the organisation in the context of their local community, and specific circumstances.
The programme will include a blend of on-line activity, events, podcasts and webinars, and a network of youth-workers offering specialist advice and consultancy.
The Organisational Development Programme will include:
1. Introduction and Assessment
An initial brief (one hour) introduction and assessment online meeting with a youth work specialist to introduce the programme and provide support with a self-assessment tool. A simple diagnostic tool will help youth work providers to identify their immediate priority needs.
2. Development Support and Action Planning Session
Following the initial assessment, the organisation, will meet with their youth work specialist to co- design a development plan, which will identify the resources, materials, time and expert advice required to achieve the organisations development objectives.
The tailored support is centred on five specific themed areas:
- Safeguarding and Risk in a Covid 19 environment
- Sustainability Planning through Covid 19
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) in youth work through Covid 19
- Governance and Service Management in lockdown
- Hear by Right through lockdown
What we ask from you
- Your organisation will want to work with the NYA on one of the five themes listed above.
- A named person, within your organisation, will be identified to negotiate and facilitate the support package.
- You will agree to meet with NYA youth work specialist to co–design your development plan.
- You agree to join and participate in the NYA webinars and exchanges of knowledge, creating a co-learning environment.
- You will agree to be part of a case study at the end of the support programme and participate in an evaluation process.
- You agree to invest 8 hours of your time to complete this journey with us.
Our online application for the Organisational Development Programme has now closed.